Revive and Relief Program Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions will apply to each property that is enrolled in the Expedia Group Revive and Relief Program (the “Program”). Please note that participation in the Program is by invitation only to properties in designated countries. If you did not receive an invitation for this program from Expedia Group or your property is not located in a designated country, you are not eligible to participate. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact your market manager.
Increase Your Visibility in Our Marketplace. Subject to your continued compliance with these terms and conditions, we will make available to you credits that you may apply towards your use of Expedia’s Accelerator tool on bookings made prior to December 31, 2020 (“Accelerator Credits”). Here is how Accelerator Credits will work:
- Accelerator Credit Value. The value of the Accelerator Credits for each enrolled property will be equal to 25% of the per-booking compensation for consumed bookings under your Corporate Lodging Agreement that was retained by Expedia in 2019, provided that the value of the Accelerator Credits for each enrolled property will be at least $200 and no more than $100,000.
- Application of Accelerator Credits. Accelerator Credits will be applied to your invoice (for Hotel / Property Collect bookings) or the remittance owed to you (for Expedia Collect bookings) for the relevant consumed booking. For enrolled properties whose payments for Hotel Collect / Property Collect bookings are centrally managed the Accelerator credit may in some cases be provided as a refund after your full payment of compensation due to Expedia (inclusive of the applicable Accelerator percentage). Any Accelerator Credits that are not used prior to December 31, 2020 (including use of Accelerator Credits on bookings made during that period that are later cancelled or otherwise refunded) will be forfeited. Also note that your use of Accelerator Credits cannot be applied towards any marketing commitments that you may have with Expedia.
Financial Relief. We know that times are tough for the industry right now and we want to help. During the Program Period specified on the program detail page in Partner Central, and provided that you continue to meet all the requirements under these terms during that period, we will reduce our compensation and extend your payment terms as described below.
- Reduced Compensation. Expedia’s compensation percentage will be reduced by 10% for bookings at enrolled properties that are made during the Program Period. For example, if the compensation percentage for an eligible booking at an enrolled property is 20% under your Corporate Lodging Agreement, that percentage will be reduced to 18%.
- More Time to Pay. The payment terms for invoices that we send to you during the Program Period for our compensation from Hotel Collect / Property Collect bookings at enrolled properties will be extended to 90 days from receipt of the invoice. Due to technical limitations, this benefit will not be available for enrolled properties whose payments for these bookings are centrally managed by certain hotel chains or property managers. If you have questions about whether you qualify for this benefit, please contact your market manager.
These financial relief measures apply only to bookings under your Corporate Lodging Agreement with Expedia. They do not apply to bookings under any other arrangement with Expedia Group (e.g. bookings through the GDS or under any agreements with Hotwire, Egencia, or Vrbo).
Promotions for High Value Travelers. As part of your participation in the Program, you agree to make available in our system (or we may make available on your behalf) (1) at least an additional 10% discount off all rate plans at your property (including any existing discounts and rates obtained through the auto match service ) which Expedia may use for promotions to its traveler groups (e.g. loyalty members, mobile users, etc.), and (2) refundable package rate plans with at least an additional 10% package discount. This requirement does not limit any similar requirements in your Corporate Lodging Agreement.
Keeping Your Rates Competitive. Travelers are more likely to book when they are confident that they are getting the best value. As part of your participation in the Program, you agree to participate in Expedia’s auto rate matching service. The auto rate matching service is a service that we offer to properties that want their best rate to be displayed to future travelers on Expedia. This service will help you enhance the price competitiveness of enrolled properties. Here is how it works:
- When Expedia determines that the rates for an enrolled property in our system are not competitive with the rates at which that property is available through other websites, Expedia may, on behalf of the property, reduce the rates in our system (and on our websites) to match the lower rates that we identified elsewhere.
- Each enrolled property is responsible for the accuracy of its rates. Expedia will tell you about any changes that we make to your rates through this service and you agree that they are made on your behalf.
- You can opt-out of the auto rate matching service at any time in Partner Central. Please note that it may take a few days to disable the auto rate matching service for properties after your request.
Guest Experience. In this period of uncertainty, it is important that travelers that book on Expedia are confident that they will be treated the same as travelers who book on your own website. As part of your participation in the Program, you agree that travelers who book through Expedia will be entitled to the same benefits as travelers who book directly with you. This requirement does not limit any similar requirements in your Corporate Lodging Agreement.
Additional Information. We make no representations or warranties regarding this Program including regarding results from your participation in the Program. We may make changes to this Program or these terms at any time (including terminating your participation in the Program or making any change to the Program dates or activities) and will provide you with notice of any such changes. If you are not in compliance with your requirements under this Program or these terms and conditions at any point, or you opt out of this program, you will no longer be entitled to any benefits from Expedia under the Program.